|Secure the Pool Area
- Pools should be fenced off from the house and gated.
- Make sure that there are no objects near the fence that could allow a small
child to climb over and into the pool area.
- All gates should be self-closing and self-latching.
- Gate latches should be inaccessible to small children.
- Install additional safety measures, such as pool alarms, motion detectors,
and pool covers.
- Adult supervision is a must for children.
- Assign an adult to supervise the pool area during social gatherings.
Make sure you have effective supervision
- Never allow small children to be left alone near a swimming pool.
- Guardians and babysitters should be instructed about safety hazards in the
- Do not rely on floatation devices or swimming lessons to protect a child
- Look in pool area first if a child is missing.
- All adult supervisors should learn cpr.
- keep a telephone near the pool area for emergency calls